Here are the simplified steps for conducting successful business meetings with co-members:
- Plan your meetings in advance and schedule 1-2-1's with one member per meeting. Try to meet at their place of business, if possible, to see them in their work environment.
- Remember that these are business meetings, so act professionally and focus on the agenda. Treat your co-member as you would your biggest client and be on time. Avoid distractions, such as phone calls and texts.
- Prepare and share your objectives for the meeting, which could include getting to know the person, sharing target markets, identifying their current referral sources, exchanging success stories, and establishing a method for qualifying referrals.
- Commit and agree on goals, and aim to have at least one short-term and one long-term referral on your to-do list before leaving. Also, consider inviting people from your partner's contact sphere list to the following week's meeting.
- Make notes and review them the day and week after the meeting to help remember important information.
By following these steps, you can effectively train your co-members to give you referrals and build strong relationships with them.